Why was Camp cancelled?
The decision to cancel programming was incredibly difficult in many ways. We remained hopeful for as long as we could while our staff exhausted all viable options. We follow guidance from the CDC, our local health department, state and federal government regulations, and advice from members of the medical community. In consulting with those authorities as well as our advisory board and the Diocese of Madison we decided that we would be unable to run a safe camp program that maintained the integrity of experience you have come to expect from Camp Gray. Ultimately, there remains too little known about COVID-19 and how to maintain a safe environment at Camp for us to continue with summer programming this year.
Is there a possibility that camp will happen this year if things change?
We know that the time will come when stay at home orders are lifted, social distancing is no longer required, and health care experts provide clear guidance for re-opening. Given our standards of excellence and the time that is required to provide appropriate training, prepare the camp property, and to have highly certified staff, it is unlikely that we will return to traditional summer programming this year. When it is safe to do so, we will continue to deliver the Camp Gray experience.
Can I get a refund of my Camp fees paid to date?
For those of you who have registered for summer programming and have paid full or partial programming deposits/fees, you have the following options:
- Support Camp through this difficult time by donating all or a portion of your camper fees paid to date.
- Carry your registration over to 2021 by rolling over your $100 deposit per camper that you have already paid – secure a spot in summer camp 2021 by rolling over $100 or more per camper. (Specific details related to a special registration process will follow in the early fall)
- Receive a full refund.
- A combination of the above – donation, rollover to 2021, and/or refund.
An email will be sent on May 4th with a form to indicate your preferences. If you do not receive this email please contact Tricia Sanborn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I apply my fees paid to date to Camp next year?
Yes, we can roll over your registration and apply your payments to your 2021 camper registration. If you choose to do so now, we will honor 2020 camper fees. If you roll over $100 or more per camper you can secure a spot in summer camp 2021.
You can expect an e-mail from camp no later than May 4, 2020 detailing this option. Simply fill out the form indicating your preference. If you do not receive this email, please contact Tricia Sanborn at email@example.com with your request.
How can I help Camp?
Thank you for your support! Summer camp programming accounts for 75% of our yearly revenue. While we are confident this is the best decision for Camp Gray, it does leave us in a very difficult financial position. If you are able, you can support Camp through this difficult time by:
- #StayWithGray by making a donation here.
- Donating all or a portion of your camper deposits/fees to Camp.
- Notifying us of any Grant funding opportunities.
- Notifying us of any Foundations you think we should be approaching.
- Connecting Camp with donor advised funds that are currently being distributed.
- Pray for us! Know that we are praying for you!
Recent legislation has provided benefits for donating to non-profit organizations like Camp Gray. A new deduction of $300 is available in 2020 to those who take the standard deduction on their yearly taxes.
Will there be Camp next year?
Yes! We will use this summer to continue improving the Camp Gray experience. We can’t wait to welcome you back in 2021!